Facility / Organization
BC Ministry of Agriculture
The project began with LTS identifying resources required to implement the Lean program and if the particular facility could free them up, and then identifying metrics that supported baseline understanding of potential opportunities; again the scale was province-wide in a large, multi-complex organization.
The project’s focus was helping organizations to increase their profit margin, create sustainability in the agricultural industry, and improve BC’s GDP. A financial measurement tool has been created and will be used for measurement in the current (second) wave of initiates.
LTS was also involved in:
- Providing direction and guidance to the ministry for program design
- Identifying if the facility was at the right time in their production cycle to support Lean and the work required
- Assessing culture for change and sustainability
- Determining if the facility had an organizational strategy to support a change initiative
- Determining if the organization had leadership that would sponsor the change
LTS was awarded a second contract after the pilot phase, thanks to the often dramatic outcomes in individual businesses. BC Agriculture sees this program as contributing directly to the economic health of the sector.
“Hands on training enabled all levels of participators good comprehension.”
“Helped us look at things from a new perspective and [bring] a more systematic approach to improving the company.”